Sold – Corbin Hall
SOLD! – A 2000+ acres working farm with 7 miles of river frontage, and 1,500 acres of high producing crop land.
Corbin Hall Farm is not easily looked past. You have a magnificent location (especially for those of you who cannot get enough water!), phenomenal crop producing acreage, multiple tenant homes, and a gorgeous manor home. Whether you are looking for a farm with options for additional income, a place to run a B&B, or a home for you and your family, this property is certainly worth looking into.
The property is located in Middlesex County, not far from the small waterfront community Water View, and about 10 miles northwest of the town of Urbanna. The region directly surrounding Corbin Hall is rural, and consists largely of farmland. The area’s most prominent crops include: soybeans, corn and wheat.
Corbin Hall Farm sits snug between three bodies of water: the Rappahannock River, LaGrange Creek, and Weekes Creek. Together that equals out to around 7 miles of water frontage.
The property has numerous farm buildings scattered about, these include: barns, sheds, silos, metal grain bins and even a newly built grain elevator. In addition to those buildings there are a variety of houses and cottages, here are a few of our favorite details:
- The Manor House – This 2-story home was constructed in 1971, and is complete with a full basement. There are several notable rooms and details within the home, these include: a living room with a fireplace, dining room with a lovely chandelier, den with black walnut paneling and gas fireplace, a study, master bedroom built for a king with 2 walk-in closets as well as a dressing area with a vanity and mirrors, full bath with whirlpool tub, and a large eat-in kitchen. Not to mention, there is a fantastic in ground pool out back.
- The River Cottage – This cottage is absolutely 1,440 square feet of charm. There is a living room/dining room, kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths.
- The One-Room Guest Cottage – This cottage is located behind the River Cottage, and as state has a single bedroom. The home is approximately 14’x20’ and has a screened-in front porch.
- The One-Story Tenant House – This home has a metal room and vinyl siding, as well as a covered front porch.
- The Cape-Cod Tenant House – This home has a full basement, shingle roof, and a screened-in front porch as well as a back porch.
- A couple little things about The Farm – In addition to the 1,500 acres of cropland, the farm has approximately 250 acres of pastureland and 293 acres of woodland, ponds, home-sites, and marshland.
Middlesex County can be found 60 miles east of Richmond, and 125 miles southeast of Washington, DC. It is located in southeastern Virginia, on the Middle Peninsula.
Properties similar to Sold – Corbin Hall: